Monday, January 09, 2017

Grandma's House




I like how my memory connects something with a certain person. Cats and messy bed are my sister. Matcha ice cream is mom. Fish pond and classic records are my dad. Late night Indomie craving is my brother. Everytime I encounter with those things, it reminds me of that person. It makes me think about that person, and how I wish they were there with me. 

When I found out about Brown Feather, the first thing striked my mind was, how I missed my grandma. I remember that @lucedale posted something about it on IG. I was instantly in love with the ambience. Brown Feather is a picture perfect of my dream home: small, warm, TV cable and a big bean bag facing the paddy rice in the middle of Seminyak.

My stay was quite long time ago, around March 2016. I was booking via their website. Their response was quick and helpful. Pricewise, finding a very good place during a long weekend holiday for Rp 450.000,00 at Seminyak considered a good deal. Well, since I was blindly in love with the place, I was pretty much up for anything haha. Honestly, I had super high expectation about the place.  I was nervous though, in case it's not as pretty as the pictures.

But Brown Feather is a beautiful little shelter you can spot from a far. Most hotel and home stay at Seminyak has this modern-minimalis-tropical style with a lot of wood accent. It looks trendy and stylist, of course. Then your eyes spot the reddish brick wall which is Brown Feather. It's simply refreshing. And, as I mentioned hundreds time in this post, comforting. Nothing intimadating or over the top lux. Just, homey.

This is the part where I will let pictures do the talking, cause really, I have a hard time to describe how I enjoyed my time there.
















My sister along with my cousins and I stayed a night to celebrate my cousin's engagement. We spent the afternoon wandering around the property, taking pics here and there. Then we enjoyed the breeze by the paddy fields while enjoying a refreshing pinky drinks. I could smell the wet land, still. The air was thick and humid, inviting us to jump to the pool right away. But we didn't, cause we planned to watch the sunset at La Laguna. Fancy afternoon drink involving Cosmo and cute boho decor. I must say that La Laguna is a well designed place. The only thing I hate is they have this "minimum purchase" rule in every stylist corner, which make it everywhere cause everywhere is so stylist. Geez.

We had an early night. I ended the night with a swim. I love night dipping. I usually order a bottle of cold beer while dipping but I was too tired to do anything else. I couldn't see the stars that night. Probably covered by the clouds that hanging low. I heard a faint chatting from the room across mine. A group of young people was discussing about their project that day. They were super exciting. The laughed a lot. That made me miss my people, so I got back to my room after only swim for 15 minute. That night, I was sleeping like a baby. Warm and happy.

I remember very clear that the next day was Sunday and it's raining. I felt super mellow. I brewed a cup of hot coffee then went sitting at the yard after the rain stopped. The other were still inside, hiding underneath the blanket. It was a quite morning. I could barely hear my watch ticking. The air was super fresh cause there were a lot of greens at Brown Feather. I was daydream for almost 20 mins, then my sister called me for breakfast which is Nasi Betutu which my cousins ordered special for their Surabaya's sisters. Ended the breakfast with Livingstone's Nuttela Cheese Cake. A whole cake, attacked by 4 sweet tooths. It was a little barbaric haha. But I couldn't ask anything better that that.

**10 things why I want to stay at Brown Feather again**
1. Friendly staffs.
2. Quite, peaceful and private. It's not like staying at a hotel. It's like staying at, well, grandma's.
2a. I forget to mention how well I slept that night. One of the best sleep. Oh, I did mention that.
2b. They provide a pantry for the guests, in case we want to cook our own meal or craving for Indomie.
2c. They put a big couch by the paddy field, which is practically their back yard, so we can slouch all day while enjoying the breeze.
3. Breakfast from the hotel is simple but warm and delish.
4. The pool is only a step away from your room. And it's mostly empty back then. Me love my own pool.
5. BATHROOM IS SO SICK (and I didn't take a pic of it).
6. A local convinience store is located right beside Brown Feather. No ATM though.
7. They provide us 2 bikes. In case we want to do it old skool way. Yeah.
8. 10 mins to Living Stone by bike.
9. 10 mins to La Laguna by car.
10. Oh, have I told you that every corner of Brown Feather is instaworthy? Now you know.

Sorry if this info is sooo last year. But I believe the place still has its magic ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment